Author Topic: 506th or a UK based team  (Read 2945 times)

Oxydin

506th or a UK based team
« on: December 24, 2016, 06:35:46 AM »
I love the way your unit runs. I'm based in the UK and work full time, should I try and join the 506th or can the 506th recommend a UK unit?

SSG (Ret) Donohoe

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: 506th or a UK based team
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 06:40:40 AM »
There are several members of this unit that are in the GMT meaning OPS / Trainings are at 0100, but you would be joining the best Arma realism unit if you came here!!!!
K. DONOHOE
SSG, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Aston

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 10:19:30 AM »
I am in your exact same position. I work 9-5 on weekdays which means that I am unable to stay up to 4 in the morning on a Monday. However, our Saturday platoon is very accommodating to those in time zones outside of the US, including Europe and Australia.

Our operations still run late on Saturday nights into the early hours of Sunday for those in the U.K. and Europe, but it's the weekend, so I couldn't give a fuck. I'll then just lie in till 11 on Sunday which is fine for me. Virtually all the trainings in our platoon take place on Friday nights so again, not much of an issue if you have weekends off.

Personally, I've been a part of multiple different communities and ArmA units, both US and EU based, and yes, the late nights are a bit of a nuisance, but you won't find a unit more professional, as large, and as dedicated to realism as the 506th. Just an opinion though.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 10:21:28 AM by 2LT Aston »
J. ASTON
1LT, USA
Retired

Vladimir

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 11:06:21 AM »
Definitely join the 506th, even tho there's a significant time zone difference, it's worth it. I can unfortunately only attend weekends as I also work full time as well, though the advantage for me is that I work US hours since I work for a US company, even though I'm on a different timezone.

SGT Madsen

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 05:02:41 PM »
There are a number of good professional UK/Euro based groups out there who are based on EU-Forces (British royal Marines seem popular) and i am certain you would have a grand time in any of them if you want the hours to be better and you prefer a Euro based mil-sim experience

If you can make the hours work and you like the idea of Airborne US army however, then the 506th is the place to be.

This comes from a fellow Euro player.
M. MADSEN
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry