Author Topic: International Times - 21MAY2016 - Hard Combat, Heroic Deeds  (Read 4122 times)

Hastings

Hard Combat, Heroic Deeds
International Times - Dateline 21 May 2016

Throughout American history our troops have pulled off true acts of heroism in the face of overwhelming odds. Call it what you will, dear readers, but it is this reporters opinion that when the deck is stacked, the lines have been drawn, and the dice are loaded somehow the men and women of the 506th Infantry Regiment will always come out on top.

There are many battles which we've fought in that are memorialized as some of our greatest moments; the Battle of Yorktown, the Battle of Midway, D-Day Landings, but now we have one more to add to the ranks, the battle of Kula-Khan. Though far from over, this peacekeeping mission is proving to be more difficult than anyone at International Times was expecting, and through it all the 506th and it's supporting assets are holding fast and fighting through gritted teeth. The rain pours, the nights are dark, and the 506th are this reporters heroes.

Why am I so obsessed with these troops? They just had the hardest fight of their deployment to Erzikistan, and have clashed with a major force of the Erzikistan Republic causing significant losses to the enemy forces and in doing so have secured a huge section of the surrounding area. With the constant threat of more foreign intervention, this will go to great lengths to ensure that the civil unrest in the country will be brought to a swift and positive conclusion.

In this most recent combat all elements of the 506th were on the move to secure ground, and return to base to rearm and recuperate after the combat in our last reports. They operated throughout the night and following day to search and destroy enemy Anti-Air emplacements and artillery, to ambush and track down the enemy supply routes, and to get the hell out of their to leave the enemy's head reeling after such swift action was taken. Intel was gathered, the enemy was put down yet again, and the area was secured even further. By now the enemy will be losing ground and possibly support. I know I wouldn't want to go up against the 506th, so whatever is driving this people to continue to take up arms must be a damn good reason, and I don't think they'll have many more recruits after the huge losses that they took.

It's not all good news that I bring you today though, dear readers, as I am very sad to report that 1 soldier of the 506th gave their life in this recent combat, with four more left in a critical condition after being wounded. It was under heavy fire and heroic deeds that this soldier was killed in action. They will be remembered by their brothers and sisters in arms, and they shall be in my prayers tonight. This reporter knows the full extent of this war, but wishes peace and comfort for their families in this time of need.

The United States of America stands together will all members of the human race in the name of democracy, and I'm a proud man to be a part of such a great and noble nation.

International Times
Phillip Ripp

**This news report is a fictional work to support the 506th ARMA gameplay**
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:46:39 PM by Hastings »

S. Murphy

Re: International Times - 21MAY2016 - Hard Combat, Heroic Deeds
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 07:06:15 PM »
Nice Job Brother!!!!

Harmon

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 04:36:52 PM »
Great write up Hastings

SSG (Ret) Beard

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 09:32:20 PM »
Currahee!
D. BEARD
SSG, USA
Retired

Oakley

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 05:54:46 AM »
yes ! get in son. . .

finally a "good job guys" news post :P

1LT (Ret) A. Lewis

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 12:30:07 PM »
We lost more then one soldier, due to a Suicide Bomber in Task Force Alpha.

PFC S. Murphy
PV2 Ledere

May their sacrifice be remembered.
A. LEWIS
1LT, USA
Retired

SSG (Ret) J. Hart

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 12:57:51 PM »
S-2 changes the number of casualties reported to reflect more realistic losses on both sides. Additionally as both these men are still members of the unit and will show up to the subsequent TFA operation, it would make reporting on something they did kind of awkward if they were already reported dead.

PFC S. Murphy
PV2 Ledere

J. HART
SSG, USA
Retired

SSG (Ret) Beard

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 10:53:31 AM »

PFC S. Murphy
PV2 Ledere

I'm sure they won't let you forget :)
D. BEARD
SSG, USA
Retired