Open Forum > Computer Hardware

Mysterious PC Crashes

<< < (3/4) > >>

SGT Stewart:
I would second this being power related.

SPC McDougall:
Thanks Lt, SPC and SGT. I will run memtest shortly and then order a PSU assuming all comes back normal.

How does this look? Buying from Canada, hoping to find something that will come soon-ish with Prime.

Capt (Ret) Avery:
Not a bad choice, the extra wattage could be good in case you were to upgrade other parts in the future.

Hopefully your memory tests come back with no errors and it is in fact the power supply. If the power supply replacement does not help, the next course would be to look at the motherboard.

One thing you can actively check in the BIOS is the power output from your power supply to see if the readouts fall within the accepted voltage tolerances of the power supply. Other programs can also report this information, but the only one that comes off the top of the head right now is speedfan, but that is an old program which could be deprecated.

SPC McDougall:
Memtest came back normal. Went ahead and ordered the new PSU, should be here within the next few days. Hopefully that's the issue, but even if not, I was going to need a new PSU eventually anyways.

Thanks for the help! I'll post back when I've installed the new unit and tested it.

SPC McDougall:
Installed the 750W PSU a week ago and haven't had any issues since. Also didn't realize how big of a difference modularity makes in terms of air flow and cable management, I know I won't be going back.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version