Author Topic: Ace mod troubles  (Read 3096 times)

SPC (Ret) Kryszewski

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Ace mod troubles
« on: October 26, 2018, 11:49:29 PM »
Upon entering the test server to test if all my mods were functioning after reinstalling them I receive the following 2 error messages
firstly a ace version mismatch error

secondly -> " [ACE] PV2 Kryszewski: ERROR missing server addon(s): fir_aws_cutscene_f,aif_arma1buildings, cabuildingsfix, caroads2fix, castructuresfix, mbg_african_buildings, mbg_buildings_2, caplantswinter, maa_uniform, dll_tow, jdg_carrierbarricade."

I am simply going to assume the ace mod link I have is no longer the one we use, could someone provide me the latest mod link if at all possible, or tell me what is wrong if you think that the mod version is not the problem. Please and thank you.
T. KRYSZEWSKI
SPC, USA
Retired

SSG Salvatore

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Re: Ace mod troubles
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 12:38:13 AM »
ERROR missing server addon(s) simply states that you are running things the server doesn't includes. Either you have some other mod in your list loaded, or something from steam?
G. SALVATORE
SSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

SPC (Ret) Kryszewski

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »
I am using the link provided along with all the other mods, previously I did not have this issue with that link. I freshly uninstalled arma, deleted every single mod by hand, then reinstalled everything and the error persist.
T. KRYSZEWSKI
SPC, USA
Retired

SSG Salvatore

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 04:11:10 PM »
It is very simple, you have Liberation in your launcher list checked, and whenever you go to every server exception for the Liberation server you get these errors indicating that you are running something that the server doesn't.

These will clear out some errors in that line, however you are running another folder as well in your mod list, and which that is is up to you to know.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 04:13:00 PM by SSG Salvatore »
G. SALVATORE
SSG, USA

SPC (Ret) Kryszewski

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 02:00:31 AM »
I have spent the past 7 hours working on my mods to now be stumped with a whole new error that prevents arma from starting. Firstly liberation is gone 100% guranteed, I have purged it from my computer it is non existant at this point and time. I literally uninstalled everything, deleted all the mods and reinstalled everything as well, now I am getting a missing file error for the 506th modpack. I can tell it is the 506th modpack due to a painful process of checking each mod individually to figure out which one caused it. I am missing some sort of pushtohear file. I am going to HOPE that the links I have for the mods are just bad could you please provide me a link to the mod links please and thank you unless you can tell why im having this error.
T. KRYSZEWSKI
SPC, USA
Retired

SSG Salvatore

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 02:41:55 AM »
I have spent the past 7 hours working on my mods to now be stumped with a whole new error that prevents arma from starting. Firstly liberation is gone 100% guranteed, I have purged it from my computer it is non existant at this point and time. I literally uninstalled everything, deleted all the mods and reinstalled everything as well, now I am getting a missing file error for the 506th modpack. I can tell it is the 506th modpack due to a painful process of checking each mod individually to figure out which one caused it. I am missing some sort of pushtohear file. I am going to HOPE that the links I have for the mods are just bad could you please provide me a link to the mod links please and thank you unless you can tell why im having this error.

First, do you still get these errors: fir_aws_cutscene_f, aif_arma1buildings, mbg_buildings_2, dll_tow? Because those are definitely Liberation PBO's.
Secondly, your links to the mods are not "just bad" I can re-sent you the mods/redirect you to the mods here, but those are not any different then those you use.
I only can work with the information you are giving regarding mod errors, missing addons etc.
I would recommend again, a fresh install, downloading all the 506th mods one by one, not all at once so you (depending on the internet data) it will not get corrupted and mis files in the download.

G. SALVATORE
SSG, USA

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 03:02:12 AM »
Also follow the advise I posted here regarding folder structure.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

SPC (Ret) Kryszewski

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 07:39:03 PM »
After the 8th or 10th (I stopped counting) full arma wipe and after trying things 1 by one (I was doing it all at once) using the new links and restructuring my mod files EVERYTHING WORKS HALLELUJAH! Thank you for all your help now I have to recreate all my loadouts and settings, so wish me luck with that.
T. KRYSZEWSKI
SPC, USA
Retired

1LT J. N. Lee

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 08:22:20 PM »
A bit of help for your load out issues (unless I'm too late)

http://www.506thir.net/forums/index.php?topic=20313.0
J. N. LEE
1LT, IN
Platoon Leader, Co A\1-506 Infantry