Author Topic: Arma 3 Launcher paramters.  (Read 2304 times)

De Lang

Arma 3 Launcher paramters.
« on: September 13, 2017, 05:34:16 PM »
Greetings everyone.

I am PV1 De Lang, I have been running arma 3 on low FPS and I started wondering if filling in the launcher parameters correctly will get better performance.

So with this topic, I ask what to exactly fill in where.

1LT (Ret) Burke

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Re: Arma 3 Launcher paramters.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 07:26:59 PM »
Most of the things that used to be launch parameters are now things you can set or select in the launcher.

What hardware do you have in your PC?
B. BURKE
1LT, IN
Retired

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:36:39 PM »
Also, I'm not sure how new you are to Arma, but what are you counting as "low FPS"?

Arma metrics differ from other games in quite a noticeable and meaningful way. I think I can easily speak for most (if not all) of the unit when I say that I've never seen Arma frames anywhere close to (for example) CSGO frames.

I regularly play Arma with a 300+ ping and <30 FPS and it's never been a major problem.

That being said

It's important to understand that in Arma, the quality you have any given item set to means more than just it's quality. For example, if you have Shadows set to Low, they will be CPU rendered. If you set them to High, they will be GPU rendered. This means that if your GPU is better than your CPU (as is my case), you may actually get higher performance on higher quality settings.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

Zazueta

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 08:27:46 AM »
I Used this link and did everything exactly as he did (even his video settings) and got a big increase in frames
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=385577681