Author Topic: Georeferenced ArmA 3 maps to earth  (Read 2667 times)

CW4 Stowe

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Aviation Element
Georeferenced ArmA 3 maps to earth
« on: December 30, 2016, 12:13:06 PM »
Good morning,

Being an Intel type person with a GIS degree (I should seriously apply myself) I decided to geo-reference the ArmA 3 maps to the earth and now have a 1:10k and 1:50k of Stratis; however, I do not know how to share them here.  It is GTA 05-02-012 Protractor tested on a regular 8.5x11 print and with the hillshade, DEM, and shaded relief layers added.... the final product turned out ok.

Very little real-world imagery exists of these small islands so it is frustrating; however, what you get from ArmA is pretty fantastic considering what they have done to make the maps playable and game friendly.

So what?  Why did I do this, well, I enjoy maps and I can now zoom into whatever level using ArcGIS - or ArcGIS online (for those who know about it) - and print maps to meet whatever need for planning or other purpose.

For this community, it offers the option to have a "to scale" map on any size paper (A, B, C, D, E)

Where can I hang the maps?

Tony

GDrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By67V9uI5wLLcG5Ycm9oVTlyWlU
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:47:09 PM by Jackal_Recon »
T. STOWE
CW4, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

SGT Stewart

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Re: Georeferenced ArmA 3 maps to earth
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 10:45:31 PM »
the Arma 3 'bonus' content includes PDF topographic maps of  Arma terrain, you can also buy printed copies. Why not push any new maps you have to Armaholic? If you want a use for your GIS degree, create new terrain. Pick a chunk of the earth that seems worthy of being freed. I started working on new terrain when it was slow at work, well now, they want there moneys worth from me so I haven't the time currently, but I hope to get back to it.
R. STEWART
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry