Author Topic: Mod install problems (RESOLVED)  (Read 5305 times)

Dekker

Mod install problems (RESOLVED)
« on: March 25, 2015, 02:59:18 PM »
I know, another mod install problem thread. But, I have spent HOURS reading through all the threads. I have tried all the different download links an even tried a few different zip software

winRAR, WinZip, and 7-Zip.  I am still getting errors when starting ArmA. 

1.  'AIA_Afghan_Config' requires 'AIA_Afghan Data'
2.  Cannot load texture  ca/misc/data/icons/i-h_ca.paa
3.  Cannot load texture de1\models_dbe1\ui\data\hmmwv_h1_ca.paa
4.  no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Vysilacka.scope

I am guessing that there is probably an order in which these mods should be installed, mainly the 506th mod should be last??  I say this because it looks like there are some file updates for RHS and CTab in there.

Any help would be appreciated.  I have signed up for the Saturday recruit training class and would like to make it.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:27:14 PM by Harley »

R. F. Nelson

Re: Mod install problems
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 03:16:02 PM »
A couple things here to try and confirm, so we'll know where you're at. This may be the same stuff you've done, but we've got to establish a base line.

1.) When you downloaded the All in Arma Terrain Pack, did you ensure that you downloaded the Full Pack (largest filesize), and not the lite? Did you also ensure that you downloaded the hotfix and AiA update? Did you copy those pbo's straight into your AiATP pack?

2.) No clue what that's in reference to.

3/4.) There is a certain order that some of the mods need to be installed in. You must install the RHS BEFORE installing the 506th pack RHS pbo's. Otherwise it will overwrite them, and you'll be missing some pretty important stuff.

Have you any other mods, other than what's required for the 506th, installed and running? If you do, you may wish to turn them off, and see if the same errors occur.

Dekker

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 03:32:54 PM »
All of my mod downloads came from CPT. Drumheller's "Recruit Mod Depot" thread.  I downloaded them this past Sunday.  There was only one file option for AiA TP when using CPT. Drumheller's links.  It didn't say anything about "lite", so I am assuming it is the full version. (download was 2.3gig).  Also, there is an AiA TP "patch" and "hotfix".  Does it matter what order those are installed.  I did install RHS before the 506th mod.  I have removed all other mods from the ArmA 3 dirctory.

R. F. Nelson

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 03:53:52 PM »
Regarding the All in Arma pack, ensure the one downloaded was this one here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26682
The download should be 6.5 gigs, zipped. Unzipped it's closer to 8 gigs.

As to the order, it should go as follows: AiATP -> Patch -> Hotfix.

Dekker

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 04:11:45 PM »
I will give it a try.

Thanks

Dekker

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 12:09:51 PM »
THANK YOU CPL NELSON!!!!!!   

That worked!  I deleted my AiATP folder, downloaded it using the link you provided and unpacked it.  NO more errors.

I owe you a case of beer Corporal!

R. F. Nelson

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 12:15:02 PM »
Make it a Sam Adams or a Guinness.

Glad it worked for you, Harley. Hopefully the rest of the mods and everything else goes as smoothly. If you'd a resolved tag or some-such addition to the thread's title, it'll let other people know it's been fixed.

Dekker

Re: Mod install problems (RESOLVED)
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 12:26:56 PM »
Awe . . .  Guinness . . . .  spoken like a true Irishman!