Author Topic: Just installed the required mods and I'm getting an error message during testing  (Read 2661 times)

A. Waldo

I'm getting an error when I'm testing the mods. 'bin/config.bin/CfgPatches/506th_Config/' not an array. Everything looks good, no issues other than this one. Is it something I need to worry about or not?

CPT Bowman

• 15A Aviation Officer
  • Aviation Element
I want to say I've seen that myself a time or two.
Your mods will be tested in recruit training for the most part. Lots of things can cause a message like that to pop up in different servers, but from my limited experience if you can connect in, get your loadouts, and the game runs, everything is fine. Arma is a fickle creature at times.
A. BOWMAN
CPT, AV
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

J. Fisher

This points out an error in the config file, usually ment for the devs/creators of the mods. You can just close the message and you should be good if you have all the mods running and you can see the content ingame :)

SSG Salvatore

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Try to download the files again, replace the Config folder and see if the same error pops-up. Sometimes the files can get corrupted throughout downloading them.
You shouldn't have any errors while loading in with the Standard 506th Mods given to you.
G. SALVATORE
SSG, USA

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
Also if you used mods in Arma before, make sure you're not using those with 506th mods.

For example we use ACE, but it is a modified version of ACE so just matching version numbers is insufficient.

You need to use the exact mods provided. Nothing more and nothing less.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

SSG Salvatore

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Exactly, only run the 506th Custom made Mods, and no additional unapproved side mods/Steam workshop mods.

Also if you used mods in Arma before, make sure you're not using those with 506th mods.

For example we use ACE, but it is a modified version of ACE so just matching version numbers is insufficient.

You need to use the exact mods provided. Nothing more and nothing less.
G. SALVATORE
SSG, USA