Author Topic: Hey there, fellow team-oriented gamers!  (Read 3294 times)

Rocker

Hey there, fellow team-oriented gamers!
« on: May 07, 2015, 04:35:27 PM »
Hi there gamers!

So, I'm downloading ARMA 3 while writing this note, thinking how embarrassed I will be if the game doesn't run on my computer. With a good tail-wind and a prayer all will be well. None the less, the resources here will be helpful to my orientation, which I do appreciate.

I've been waiting for large scale combat gaming for years. It still isn't here. ARMA 3 looks like the closest thing so far. As a fan of the Operation Flashpoint series style of play since its inception, the Steam sale this weekend pushed me into what I hope is a wise decision.

I can see fellow life long gamers at work here, which is a good thing because somebody has to teach the young whipper-snappers how to be a team player and not become frag-whores. In fact, a few of your older farts might know me from the early Counter-Strike days because my brother, Fossil, and I ran Crustly old Fossil Rockers [CoFR], a clan of 600+ Counter-Strike players, enabling two squads to reach the top ten in the first years of CAL (before the hackers set in). LOL I mention this in that as a 56 year old life long gamer with over twenty years playing team-oriented computer games I've learned the concepts of cooperative play and tactics quite well; skill sets that I see are embraced here. Of more importance, I hold sportsmanship as a prerequisite for quality realism gaming; a value your membership holds, as well.

A few of Jester's well edited videos caught my interest, which led me to peruse the 506th web presence. Looks like you are having lots of fun using combat tactics and hierarchical command structures. Should you need an OP-FOR target shoot me a note; I'm great at leading squads to their deaths! :)

Rocker
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 04:38:08 PM by Rocker »

yanyatcheng

Re: Hey there, fellow team-oriented gamers!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 11:37:34 AM »
i am new to 506th, but I know that you need to attend the basic training first, than got up step by step. they will rank you up fast if they see your talent, they are recruiting members now

Rocker

Re: Hey there, fellow team-oriented gamers!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 05:56:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply, yanyatcheng. Once I orient myself and get my config up to speed (sucks being a left mouser) I will check it out.