Author Topic: Recording  (Read 4177 times)

MSG Trooper

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Recording
« on: June 04, 2015, 01:15:17 PM »
Is there way to record using multiple hotkeys for example i have my one set for left Ctrl which is for TS but i need one for caps lock as well (for TFR) So is there a program that's out there i can use because I'm trying to avoid open mic due to that i have a lot of background noises that i dont want recorded.

-Thanks
J. TROOPER
MSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

Joyce

Re: Recording
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 01:52:46 PM »
Personally, I record with Fraps and have my push-to-talk there set to the same as my TS push-to-talk (Mouse4). Since I need to push my TS PTT to talk on any radios or anything, as well as just talk to people around me, that covers the whole shebang.

MSG Trooper

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 02:00:29 PM »
Personally, I record with Fraps and have my push-to-talk there set to the same as my TS push-to-talk (Mouse4). Since I need to push my TS PTT to talk on any radios or anything, as well as just talk to people around me, that covers the whole shebang.

Well simply for me its ctrl to talk on ts and caps lock for radio but when using fraps i cant get the audio when i press caps lock at all. because i need to set up a second hot key for fraps but it doesn't have that option.
J. TROOPER
MSG, USA

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 02:02:58 PM »
Like I said, you should be able to just use the same hotkey for TS and Fraps. Make sure you're running both programs in administrator mode, and remember that you need to push your TS hotkey when you transmit over the radio as well (push CTRL+Caps Lock)

MSG Trooper

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 02:26:44 PM »
Oh i see what you mean now and i will try that thank you for your help.
J. TROOPER
MSG, USA

D. Brown

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 11:14:34 AM »
OBS allows the use of two push to talk hotkeys while recording, and its what I've been using for a while now with no issues. I believe you could set up something using AutoHotkey as well if you wanted, but I've never tried it.

PFC (Ret) Tardo

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 04:57:56 PM »
You can follow the guide Here. I use it with Dxtory it records direct speak, main frequency and alternate frequency. You can use the script I use Here
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:06:38 PM by PFC Tardo »
J. TARDO
PFC, USA
Retired