Author Topic: FPS Issues.  (Read 3848 times)

Mikey45

FPS Issues.
« on: January 18, 2015, 06:14:25 PM »
Hey guys I'm a recruit currently and I was wondering If anyone could help me figure out some ways to help get my FPS up in ARMA3 as im struggling to get over 24 frames.

My specs:
-Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @2.20GHz
-RAM 8.00 GB
-Windows 7
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 2GB

I feel like my computer should be able to run this game pretty well but just doesn't even when I have graphics on low.

Wischuf

Re: FPS Issues.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 06:18:12 PM »
This was the standard performance tweaking guide used back in the 15th MEU and I still use it whenever I need to tweak my settings.

It won't fix all your issues, but it might squeeze out a few extra frames here and there. Give it a try.

G. Knight

Re: FPS Issues.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 07:34:36 PM »
That link posted above should help you squeeze out some frames, but from your specs you are on a laptop which are not the best gaming platforms - especially when it comes to games that are both CPU as well as GPU demanding (a-la Arma III).  Although you should be able to get some decent frames in ARMA (after following the steps in the link), I would expect your settings to sit in the low to medium range for visuals if you want to keep the frame rates up. 

It really comes down to: do you want to see pretty trees and far away mountains, but shoot at slide shows on the field - or -  see some pixely trees and blurry mountains from afar, but have smooth targets on the field that you can easily track with your scope?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:57:09 PM by G. Knight »