Author Topic: How can I permanently delete my RCT account in Arma 3  (Read 3465 times)

CW4 Stowe

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Aviation Element
How can I permanently delete my RCT account in Arma 3
« on: January 16, 2017, 08:22:34 PM »
I have two accounts (for lack of a better word) in Arma 3:  RCT Stowe and now PV1 Stowe

I have selected RCT Stowe and deleted it multiples now but upon restarting the game it miraculously returns to my list.  Then I log into OSUT training with the RCT instead of the PV1 account.  Attention detail I know, but as I learn this game it seems the obvious path - to simply select RCT Stowe and select "DELETE" - isn't working for me.  Any ideas?

I am not the seasoned pro with Arma 3 as most of you as my game is just now logging barely over 100 hours of play time.
T. STOWE
CW4, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

K. Gaudet

Re: How can I permanently delete my RCT account in Arma 3
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 08:31:57 PM »
Try to edit the profile that keeps coming back. There shouldn't be a need for creating a new one every time you recieve a new rank.

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 08:49:20 PM »
Mr. Gaudet is correct. You should always have the account you first created when you loaded up Arma 3 for the first time. This account establishes your Arma 3 Player ID and is permanent.

Additionally, you should have an account created for the 506th. This account's name and other information can be edited, thus allowing you to adjust your in game rank on a moment's notice.
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired

D. Santiago

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 05:20:31 AM »
It's not possible to delete the default profile on Arma 3, like the others have stated, just continue to use your new profile, and play with that one.

I use my default "Dirt Diver" to play other Arma games modes (wasteland, exile, etc.), and use my 506th profile when I play with the 506th.