Author Topic: uniforms/gear inquiry  (Read 3409 times)

gregsgarcia

uniforms/gear inquiry
« on: January 11, 2016, 02:25:01 AM »
Hello- I'm interested in putting together a uniform reflective of what my dad wore during WWII, as a member of Easy Company. He (Tony Garcia) joined Easy as a replacement after D-Day (first appeared at the end of episode 3 of Band of Brothers). A friend of mine, who reenacts for the 82nd, suggested a website called 'At the Front', and another friend suggested 'SM Wholesale'. Any opinions on those two sources, as to quality/accuracy? Thanks for your input,
Greg Garcia

P. Grimm

Re: uniforms/gear inquiry
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 08:30:04 AM »
Hello- I'm interested in putting together a uniform reflective of what my dad wore during WWII, as a member of Easy Company. He (Tony Garcia) joined Easy as a replacement after D-Day (first appeared at the end of episode 3 of Band of Brothers). A friend of mine, who reenacts for the 82nd, suggested a website called 'At the Front', and another friend suggested 'SM Wholesale'. Any opinions on those two sources, as to quality/accuracy? Thanks for your input,
Greg Garcia

Hey there, I did reenactment for the 101st for a number of years. At the front is a great source for the basic uniform and webbing etc.

P.s. You do realize this isn't a reenactment group, right? Just wanted to check