Author Topic: Training  (Read 5182 times)

MattS131

Training
« on: February 28, 2015, 10:43:08 PM »
Upon being accepted into the 506th, what kind of training is given? How many sessions must be attended? Are there specific schools that are required for certain MOS classes?
I look forward to joining soon, just need to fix my computer.

Simmering

Re: Training
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 10:56:23 PM »
Mr MattS131,

Thank you for considering the 506th as your home for Arma III realism. Here is the process for joining and training for the unit:

1. Primary Training - Recruit training:
  - Recruit training is a one day session that lasts 1-2 hours and introduces you to the unit.

2. Secondary Training - OSUT, CMS:
  - OSUT or One Station Unit Training is a four day series of sessions that last 2+ hours each night and give you more a more refined set of skills and informations to be an effective rifleman/fireteam member in the unit.

- CMS or Combat Medical School is a two day series of sessions that I believe lasts 1-2 hours. CMS is designed to train anyone who desires and has obtained a medic billet.

Tertiary Training - Flight School, Fireteam/Squad/Platoon Training, Vehicle Section Training:
  - Flight school is a four day course to prepare you for operational status as an aviator.

- Fireteam/Squad/Platoon Trainings are weekly required trainings that you maintain your learned skills and relationships within your platoon.

- Vehicle Section Training is similar to Fireteam/Squad/Platoon training but is for Bradley members.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Whitacre

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 10:56:48 PM »
Yes, as a recruit you must attened Recruit Training, which will give you the basic understand of how we operate. Once you complete recruit training, you will be made a PV1, where you will need to move on, to either OSUT (4 classes over 2 weeks) for standard 11B Infantry billets, or CMS (2 classes) for medical billets. Someone with better knowlegde of our aviation detachments could fill you in more on the training pipeline for them.

Keep in mind that there are limited slots for several billets, including Medics and Aviation, and you may or may not be able to hold one of those billets out of training.

I hope that helps a little. Feel free to ask any other questions you have.

VandeVord

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 11:01:40 PM »
  - Fireteam/Squad/Platoon Trainings are weekly required trainings that you maintain your learned skills and relationships within your platoon.

- Vehicle Section Training is similar to Fireteam/Squad/Platoon training but is for Bradley members.
Should be mentioned that most squads train on average twice a month and most platoons once maybe twice a month. It's the fire team that is the weekly training Simmering mentioned.

Simmering

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 11:02:31 PM »

Should be mentioned that most squads train on average twice a month and most platoons once maybe twice a month. It's the fire team that is the weekly training Simmering mentioned.
Yeah my bad.

MattS131

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 11:19:01 PM »
Thank you for the quick replies, this unit is very appealing and I look forward to joining up in the near future.

JRoll

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 02:03:45 AM »
I go to school and work, I have Friday through Sunday free and Monday afternoons... is that enough time for training if my app is accepted?

2LT (Ret) Storm

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 04:06:57 AM »
I go to school and work, I have Friday through Sunday free and Monday afternoons... is that enough time for training if my app is accepted?

That all depends on what squad/fireteam you join. My fireteam trains on Wednesdays and my squad on Thursdays, so that may not work well with your schedule. However, many other squads and fireteams train on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. When you get access to the forums you will have access to everyone's training schedule and you can request a squad and fireteam that best suits your real life schedule.

In short, you should be okay as long as you pick a team with a schedule that suits you.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 04:09:53 AM by PFC Storm »
M. STORM
2LT, IN
Retired

JRoll

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 04:43:03 PM »
ok thanks for the info