Author Topic: Crashing when joining any 506th multiplayer server.  (Read 5851 times)

J. Young

Crashing when joining any 506th multiplayer server.
« on: May 25, 2015, 03:46:07 PM »
Basically, for the last couple days whenever I join ANY 506th mod pack server I crash on loading in. I have tried everything to my technical understanding. This only started happening recently and it isn't because my computer can't run it. I get a solid 60 FPS on singleplayer with the mods enabled. I've messed with the advanced parameters, mod load order, driver updates, lowering-raising my visual settings, deleting specific files and verifying my game cache. Today, I tried deleting everything Arma 3 related and reinstalling the entire game plus the mods. I'm at a dead end here and any help is great appreciated.

Most recent rpt. http://pastebin.com/5StrmWB6

If anyone needs more information about my situation, please ask.

The issue has started again... http://pastebin.com/NHmjZC0C That is an .rpt with other mods installed. http://pastebin.com/DzditUgm That is an .rpt with just standard mods.

I am only having issues when I use a map mod, it seems. I thought I fixed it at first then it just started happening again when I started using Kunduz again.

G. E. Miller

Re: Crashing when joining any 506th multiplayer server.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 03:57:42 PM »
Try this (even if its sounds stupid).

Start your game with mods as normal.
Go to editor, spawn a unit as player and click preview
Once in the game, escape and go back to editor
Escape editor, go to multiplayer and join a 506th server now

For some odd stupid reason, I have to do this everytime before I join a 506th server.

SSG (Ret) McAllister

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 06:56:22 PM »
I had a similar issue where arma would crash on loading in.  I solved it by changing my malloc to "system" under parameters in the arma 3 launcher.  It may help it may not but that's what I had to do.
A. MCALLISTER
SSG, USA
Retired

J. Young

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 02:48:35 PM »
I had a similar issue where arma would crash on loading in.  I solved it by changing my malloc to "system" under parameters in the arma 3 launcher.  It may help it may not but that's what I had to do.

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean.

The editor trick doesn't seem to work. Although I have isolated the issue to Kunduz. Whenever I have Kunduz or any saves or temp files from it, the game crashes.

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 02:50:52 PM »
How are you launching ARMA? With Steam, a direct shortcut, or a launcher?

J. Young

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 04:22:42 PM »
How are you launching ARMA? With Steam, a direct shortcut, or a launcher?

Steam, with the provided Arma 3 Launcher from steam.

J. Young

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 03:48:52 PM »
Fixed!

ace_advanced_ballistics.dll is bad and I just pulled the one from the 1.4.2 hotfix instead of .3

Kazanski

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 04:04:43 PM »
Were you guys getting an exit code that looked something like 0x000000FF / 255 ?

It seems I am having a similar if not the same issue.  I have deleted the MPmissions cache folder and the PhysX3_x86.dll file which seemed to work.  Then my game crashed in the middle of OSUT and I had to do it again.

I seem to only have this problem on 506th servers.

De Vries

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 04:22:40 PM »
Were you guys getting an exit code that looked something like 0x000000FF / 255 ?

It seems I am having a similar if not the same issue.  I have deleted the MPmissions cache folder and the PhysX3_x86.dll file which seemed to work.  Then my game crashed in the middle of OSUT and I had to do it again.

I seem to only have this problem on 506th servers.

I had the exact same issue, and I tried absolutely everything. However, thanks to CPL Nelson, I finally had a solution - delete all of the contents of the DLL folder inside of your ArmA 3 directory, except for the readme.

The issue seems to be that those dll files are what sets memory restrictions on the game for your computer, but Bohemia fucked something up and it would cause the game to not have enough memory which would result in that crash. Deleting those dll files removes those restrictions.

Aukerman

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 09:42:40 PM »
This is happening to me now and it's pretty frustrating. I've tried everything recommended aside from getting one of the items from the previous hot fix and replacing the current one.

Aukerman

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 06:27:17 PM »
Fixed. Uninstalled and reinstalled the RHS mods and now it works beautifully.

Kazanski

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 10:28:31 PM »
Thank you, SSG De Vries.  I figured I would give it a couple days of playing to see if it happened again.  Everything seems to be working fine now.