Author Topic: Request to make repository guide a sticky?  (Read 3354 times)

Doakes

Request to make repository guide a sticky?
« on: March 14, 2015, 10:28:02 PM »
Would it be possible to make the arma3sync repository guide a sticky?

It's pretty well written and would be easy way to direct recruits to installing the correct mods

CW2 (Ret) Leshock

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
Re: Request to make repository guide a sticky?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 11:17:15 PM »
This isn't the place to make that type of request.  With that said, we think very carefully about what information to provide new recruits, and the decisions we make - while not always perfect - are based on many hours of running recruits through the class.  While the repository has been an excellent tool for some people, and I for one sincerely appreciate the effort and time that went into it, the recruit training staff made a deliberate decision to not sticky that thread based on the conclusion that, on balance, it was no longer the best practice to endorse it for all incoming recruits due to some significant recurring issues.

If you have any further thoughts on this, please send them up through your COC.  You're also more than welcome to come talk to me on TeamSpeak anytime.  I am sure that there are other recruit training instructors who would also be happy to talk to you.  But let's not open this into a discussion on a board intended for tech support.
J. LESHOCK
CW2, USAF
Retired