Author Topic: EUROPRESS - US Airstrike kills six civilians in Erzikistan.  (Read 5694 times)

Waller

Since apparently constructive comments get deleted/censored. I've decided to censor my articles aswell.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:16:16 AM by Waller »

1st Lt (Ret) Morris

• 11F3B Fighter pilot
  • Retired
Re: EUROPRESS - US Airstrike kills six civilians in Erzikistan.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 05:44:19 PM »
T. MORRIS
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

Leeds

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 06:11:55 PM »

DAMN TIGERS!

In all honesty, there was enemy around it that I did see with my own eyes. It sucks that we're catching flack for this, I feel like this civilian conflict was inevitable; nobody wanted us there and the local propaganda only fueled their hatred. We were fucked from jump.

LT Soto dindu nuffin wrong!!!!

ps. Awesome article WO
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:13:47 PM by PFC Leeds »

Capt (Ret) Soto

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 06:22:48 PM »

<a href="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=a43kowi2ncI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a43kowi2ncI</a>
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:57:05 PM by 2nd Lt Soto »
R. SOTO
Capt, USAF
Retired

Rigger

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 06:27:25 PM »

In all honesty, there was enemy around it that I did see with my own eyes. It sucks that we're catching flack for this

We blew up a Mosque... with civilians in it...

Leeds

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 06:38:06 PM »

In all honesty, there was enemy around it that I did see with my own eyes. It sucks that we're catching flack for this

I prefer the perspective that we neutralized a minaret that sheltered enemy fighters engaging us. The civilians should've gotten the hell out of that location if there were people shooting from there homes.
This way makes me feel less guilty anyway.

CPT (Ret) Whitby

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 06:40:33 PM »

I prefer the perspective that we neutralized a minaret that sheltered enemy fighters engaging us. The civilians should've gotten the hell out of that location if there were people shooting from there homes.
This way makes me feel less guilty anyway.

That's how I'm thinking about it.
J. WHITBY
CPT, USA
Retired

McIntosh

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 09:48:46 PM »

This has been a common tactic used for many years by hostile forces in that region of the world.

1st Lt (Ret) Morris

• 11F3B Fighter pilot
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 10:18:42 PM »

<a href="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=a43kowi2ncI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a43kowi2ncI</a>

LOL
T. MORRIS
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

S. Murphy

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 10:34:54 AM »
Nicely Done!! 
They sure as hell didnt say anything about the guy placing that house down on my head huh?!?  Well Hell of course not

;)

Great Work!!! 

O'Dette

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 02:25:03 PM »
Obviously a news article would be missing some context, but I'm surprised that someone okay'd a strike on a Mosque. I was under the impression that our ROE prevents engagement of religious structures unless we are taking fire from them.

Rigger

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 02:43:44 PM »
Obviously a news article would be missing some context, but I'm surprised that someone okay'd a strike on a Mosque. I was under the impression that our ROE prevents engagement of religious structures unless we are taking fire from them.

There was an active sniper in the minaret of the Mosque. So it is within the judgment call area for Taskforce command. Was it within ROE? Probably. Could the sniper have been dealt with in another fashion? Maybe?
All we know for sure is that civilians were killed by US ordinance, and it will more than likely hurt our standing with the populace.

R. F. Nelson

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 04:10:44 PM »
Engaging enemy infantry in a mosque, or other religious structures, is not unheard of. I've read accounts of snipers using the advantage of such towers, as they think they won't be engaged, and use it to at least try and pick off troops. However, such a defensive position gives the advantage to the enemy sniper, as it puts the friendly troops in the open if they wish to try and get close enough to clear the tower. That's when airstrikes might be called in to deal with the threat, as they have done so in real life. I see nothing wrong with the airstrike. It saved digital American soldier's lives. Digital civilian casualties are a sad fact of e-war.

Good kill, 2nd Lt Soto.