Author Topic: Arma 3 Access Violation error  (Read 8395 times)

P. Grimm

Arma 3 Access Violation error
« on: November 05, 2015, 07:14:53 PM »
Hi, I've recently been playing on the assault server for the last couple of days and it's been great! My mods have been working just fine and I've been able to play the missions.

Now, all of a sudden, whenever I try to join the assault server, I am able to choose my slot and then I get this error: Exit code: 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION and my game crashes.

It only happens when I try to join the assault server. Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried all the usual stuff (verify integrity etc) and it still happens every time now.

Thanks, RCT Grimm

Maple

Re: Arma 3 Access Violation error
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 08:21:24 PM »
That's a memory error, ARMA is trying to access memory that either it isn't allowed to access, or the data it's trying to access isn't there anymore.

Have you installed anything new recently? Any games, software, hardware drivers?

Try reinstalling your GPU drivers, and run a RAM test to ensure it's not a hardware problem. To do this, I'd recommend MemTest86, but Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool (which is already installed) should be OK too.

R. F. Nelson

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 08:28:55 PM »
In my Arma experience, this is usually caused from Arma 3's proprietary memory allocation it tries to foist on your computer. Go into your Arma 3 folder, find the DLL folder, and within it, you'll see several files with malloc designations. Delete these, and naturally, reboot your Arma. This will allow your computer to use its already tried and true method of memory allocation, instead of Arma 3's, which causes more issues than it solves.

Give it a shot. It'll cause no complications, and the files can be re-downloaded by verifying your game cache.

P. Grimm

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 09:25:34 PM »
Great, thanks for the help, I'll give this a shot.