Open Forum > Server Information

1.58 update breaks server difficulty settings + performance bug

(1/3) > >>

Truscott:
Getting the Havoc 2-4 training server ready for a training tonight and I noticed that the difficulty settings that are defined server-side via the server.arma3profile file no longer work. As far as I can tell so far, the only way to set the difficulty settings is via "Game Options" when you select a mission when logged into the server. Lots of additional settings have now been made available, so the "official settings" for the 506th will probably need to be revisited.

Edit: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Difficulty_Overhaul

Edit 2: During training we experience significant performance issues where the framerate would drop to 5 FPS. Everyone experienced this independently of one another and at different times, and server's CPU and RAM utilization was low. Textures also became low-resolution. Additionally at no point did AI return fire under any circumstances.

P. Grimm:
Same on my server also. It locks 1st person in veteran mode now.

Truscott:

--- Quote from: PFC Grimm on April 21, 2016, 08:15:13 PM ---Same on my server also. It locks 1st person in veteran mode now.

--- End quote ---

Yup, I'm getting the same thing. I specifically left 3rd-person on and it still forced 1st-person. And now I can't change the difficulty settings; the menu is now faded out and not clickable.

SSG (Ret) Atkinson:
Suggest reading through the BIS topic linked in here.

Sounds like server owners will have to add in a difficulty class to the server profile file.

Classic Bohemia move to just make a new class and screw everything up  ::)

Truscott:

--- Quote from: SSG Atkinson on April 21, 2016, 09:20:32 PM ---Suggest reading through the BIS topic linked in here.

Sounds like server owners will have to add in a difficulty class to the server profile file.

Classic Bohemia move to just make a new class and screw everything up  ::)

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the link, I'll have to try that.

In addition to the difficulty settings we've also noticed serious game performance issues where everyone's frames would drop to 5 FPS entirely independently of one another and at different times, AI would behave weird and certain things like trying to garrison them wouldn't work, and under any circumstances AI would not shoot back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version