Author Topic: bad module info Arma 3  (Read 3676 times)

MSG Trooper

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Combat Element
bad module info Arma 3
« on: January 25, 2018, 06:51:27 AM »
Been getting this error lately when trying to play Arma 3 “bad module info” happens when after I select my slot and start to load in, once half way into loading it crashes with that error. If any solutions that would be great.

Thanks,
SPC Trooper
J. TROOPER
MSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
Re: bad module info Arma 3
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 07:55:38 AM »
Any errors in the log file which contain more info?
Does this happen Vanilla as well as modded?
Have you verified game files in Steam?
Have you tried reinstalling your mods?

Hope one of these helps.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

SPC (Ret) Harrison

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 08:11:15 AM »
This is apparently a problem with a specific Windows update so I’m gonna post it for anyone else who has this problem.
1. NAVIGATION: Navigate to your Arma 3 installment directory. For most people that would be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

2. DISABLE FULLSCREEN OPTIMIZATION: Right click on every arma executable (.exe). That would be for most people: arma3, arma3_x64, arma3battleye, arma3launcher, arma3server and arma3server_x64. Once you've right clicked on one, go to: properties > compatibility and click "Disable fullscreen optimization". Do this for all of them.

3. COMPATIBILITY TROUBLESHOOTING: Right click on every arma executable (.exe) AGAIN, but this time run the "compatibility troubleshooter" under: properties > compatibility. When the compatibility troubleshooter finishes, select "Try reccomended settings", then select "test program". The game/launcher/server will launch, but just exit whatever launched right away. Then click "next" and choose that the problems have been resolved and that you want to save the settings before you close the troubleshooter. Do the same with all the other executables (.exe).

4. COMPATIBILITY MODE: Make sure you set "Run this program in compatibility mode for" as Windows8 for all the executables (.exe) under: properties > compatibility when you're done compatibility troubleshooting.

5. ENJOY: Play the game and enjoy your fix :)
This worked for me but if it doesn’t work for any of you, more solutions here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/1489992713703895101/

I think that you could probably just update Windows as well. The update causing this problem is about a month old and affected more games than just ARMA, so if you have an update available you should probably run it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:34:46 AM by MSG (Ret) Harrison »
N. HARRISON
SPC, USA
Retired

SGT (Ret) J. Foster

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 08:20:16 PM »
I was having this problem as well, and the "disable full screen" solution worked for me.
J. FOSTER
SGT, USA
Retired

McPierce

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 11:02:27 PM »
Tried the fix as well and so far so good.

MSG Trooper

• 11B4O Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 06:14:29 PM »
Tried it all still no good
J. TROOPER
MSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry