Author Topic: Teamspeak Error- RESOLVED  (Read 3355 times)

2LT (Ret) Melius

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Teamspeak Error- RESOLVED
« on: March 16, 2018, 02:05:54 AM »

As you can see this is the error I receive. I don't really know what's going on.

I held RCT Training just fine with no issues from TS. Got done and played some black wake. While playing black wake TS gave me this error. I couldn't figure it out so rather than troubleshooting, I reinstalled. I was able to get back in and it seemed there would be no issues. After playing black wake, I went to join in on a fun op and it gave me the same error when I tried to install the plugins. I now can't even get it to start. I keep getting this same error after every install.

If any of you have a solution, please let me know.

~Melius
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:37:05 AM by SSG Melius »
A. MELIUS
2LT, USA
Retired

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
Re: Teamspeak Error- Can't use until fixed
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 02:11:25 AM »
Have you done a reboot? Might be something death-gripping TS that a reboot might fix?

Although I'll admit to not seeing this error before, I'm sure we can figure something out in terms of a fix.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

CPT Bowman

• 15A Aviation Officer
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 02:31:55 AM »
Currently zuesing an operation and lost Ts.. same sort of thing...
A. BOWMAN
CPT, AV
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

CPT L. McCoy

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 08:21:17 AM »
Sounds like there's a permissions issue somewhere. I suggest doing a full uninstall (even the folder, so save your bookmarks) and download ts3 again. Then when you're re-installing, make sure you always right-click and choose "run as administrator."

Just a thought at first glance. Will do some research on this later. Good luck SSG!
L. MCCOY
CPT, USA
Commanding Officer, Co A\1-506 Infantry

2LT (Ret) Melius

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 08:22:37 AM »
That was the first thing I tried. But I can't even finish the reinstall process.

Thanks for your help
A. MELIUS
2LT, USA
Retired

CPT L. McCoy

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 08:47:34 AM »
Are you using a fresh download or one that you already have?  Also, which version of windows are you on?  Some people on the TS3 forums have indicated that this is usually caused by:

1) Multiple instances running (check your process tab in task manager)
2) Corrupted File or installer
3) Lack of permissions of user account (we checked into this I think)

Although a way around 3 would be to create a new admin account and try and install it for all users through that and see if you can run it on your regular account.  Also, you could try and change the install path to something outside of program files (not sure if this will mess with TFAR) and see if that fixes it.  I've had an issue where my comp decided that I no longer had write permissions in program files even on my admin account.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 08:49:59 AM by CPL L. McCoy »
L. MCCOY
CPT, USA
Commanding Officer, Co A\1-506 Infantry

2LT (Ret) Melius

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 09:30:21 AM »
So I reinstalled TS3 this morning again, and rather than logging in with my saved username and password, I just connected to the server. That worked to get TS3 working. Which is a step in the right direction. Though, whenever I try and reinstall the plugins, I keep getting the "TeamSpeak client crash report" window. I have gotten the program stable and running without the plugin installed. I'll leave it alone for a little so I can at least be contacted easily. Not sure what it could be but thanks again.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:38:53 AM by SSG Melius »
A. MELIUS
2LT, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Burke

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 10:51:58 AM »
If you're installing it in Program Files Windows may be boning you by marking it all as read only.  Right click on the directory and check the properties and see if it's marked as "Read Only".  If so uncheck that and apply to all on the second popup window.
B. BURKE
1LT, IN
Retired

2LT (Ret) Melius

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 12:28:25 PM »
To remedy that initially I saved it to a folder I created in the Common folder, under my steam directory. A little unorthodox, but it got it to be able to at least let me to run the program. I have seemed to narrow the issue down to the plugin. Only after trying to install that plug in, do I get this error. Hope that helps put somebody in the right direction.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:33:08 PM by SSG Melius »
A. MELIUS
2LT, USA
Retired

2LT (Ret) Melius

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 05:57:51 PM »
If anybody knows how to get the plug ins for TFAR so I can try and install them by hand, I'd appreciate your help.
A. MELIUS
2LT, USA
Retired

2LT (Ret) Melius

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Re: Teamspeak Error- RESOLVED
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 07:39:48 AM »
Well thanks to CPL McCoy's good look s and charms, the computer gaming gods have been satisfied. Thanks everyone who helped.
A. MELIUS
2LT, USA
Retired