Author Topic: Tfar and Kidal-Mali  (Read 2462 times)

A. Clark

Tfar and Kidal-Mali
« on: February 14, 2017, 07:20:50 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm trying to figure out the downloads so I can be ready this Friday but I'm having two problems. tfar and Kidal-Mali. when I downloaded them both instead of them going into compressed zip files they went into a 7z and I don't know how to change it to a compress file and the video doesn't touch on that. if anyone could help that would be awesome! Also is there a way I can test the mods so I know they work before Friday so I'm not shit out of luck?

Thank you for your time,
RCT A. Clark
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:22:39 PM by CDT Clark »

D. Santiago

Re: Tfar and Kidal-Mali
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:33:33 PM »
You will most likely get an answer from someone that deals with the mods from the S-shops, but I'll try to help anyways.

I just checked my tfar and Kidal mods, both are in a 7Z file, I was still able to extract them using WinZip Universal. If i remember correctly, it may not be a free app, but with all the mods that get updated within the unit, I'd say it's worth it. Just right click on the file, choose "open with" and open it with whatever app you use to extract compressed files, it sould still work. Hopefully that helps with that.

Now as far as testing the mods, you can ask someone on teamspeak and they can guide you to a server which may be used, with permission of course, if you want to find out if you've loaded them properly.

Hope I was of use, if not, like I said, someone more experienced should be replying to you soon.

1LT (Ret) Garcia

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
    • Personnel File - Garcia, A.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:36:41 PM »
Recruit Clark,

A .7z is a 7zip file. Just search for "7zip" on google and download it. It can interface with nearly every compressed file format available, it's a wonderful program. They're essentially the same thing as .zip files.

Luckily you no longer need Kidal, this change was made today. We're going to be moving on to a new map, CLA Clafghan:
      CLA Clafgan v0.3.1 (14FEB17) Armaholic

Respectfully,
CPL Garcia

A. GARCIA
1LT, USA
Retired

A. Clark

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 12:50:40 PM »
Thank you for the help guys. I'll download that 7zip and the new map now.

1LT (Ret) Burke

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 12:55:13 PM »
Use one of these links instead, there was an update today for the CLA Clafgan map.

CLA Clafgan v0.3.1 (15FEB17)
      Google Drive
      OneDrive

7zip is handy to keep around though as many of the mods we use will periodically be in .7z format.
B. BURKE
1LT, IN
Retired

A. Clark

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 04:30:19 PM »
Sounds good SSG Burke, Thank you everyone for your help I believe I have it figured out! Nothing feels better than feeling like a caveman discovering fire!!!