Author Topic: Other Schools  (Read 5356 times)

N. Jackson

Other Schools
« on: December 24, 2014, 04:43:51 AM »
i see we are not gonna have airborne school, so was wondering if there are going to be others like air assault,ranger,sapper.. and/or WLC?

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
Re: Other Schools
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 09:03:37 AM »
There are plans for additional training schools and for awards and recognition for those schools. This is an informal conversation in a public area of the forums, but I am willing to talk about my hopes and desires for the 506th. Bear in mind none of this is binding and needs to be approved by command staff.

Right now we have Recruit Training, OSUT (infantry training), Combat Medical School and Flight School. We also have Warrior Leaders and Advanced Leaders courses that are required for advancement in the ranks of the NCO's and SNCO's.

It is my hope some day to also have a variety of specialty schools and qualifications that may not directly affect the game or your billet but will be fun to do. Bear in mind it takes time to create these courses and personnel to run them. Some of them may be offered only once or twice a year and only to select personnel based on billets or performance.

Air Assault School: It is almost 100% likely that this school will exist, there are people working on it right now.

Airborne School: While the 506th is not a parachute unit, there is nothing saying we can't occasionally send deserving personnel off to Airborne school as a reward for performance.

Ranger School: While the 506th is obviously not a Ranger Btn, many soldiers in the US Army get Ranger qualified and have right to wear the tag. This would be a very select and tough course.

US Army Pathfinder School : The 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) at Fort Campbell has a pathfinder unit in each of its two aviation brigades. We may create a school whereby select Soldiers and Airmen have an opportunity to gain the coveted Pathfinder tag.

So as you see, there are a lot of really cool things we can and hope to do in the 506th. All of these things take time and effort to develop in a way that doesn't turn them into a joke. So far, what we have accomplished after only being in existance for 1 month is amazing. I can't wait to see where we are at in 6 months.
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired

N. Jackson

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 09:16:03 AM »
thanks for the information i agree on what you said that specialty schools and qualifications may not directly affect the game or your billet but will be fun to do. But it would definately improve your in game skills and say for an example someone earns a Ranger tab and some Private gets on a mission he is probably going to feel safer and more confident when he knows theres a person with a ranger tab .He is gonna be like :"Hey this guy has a ranger tab he knows what is he doing i should better listen to what he has to say and follow him"

But like you said it takes time ;)

peace

Metzger

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 12:32:09 PM »
Airborne School: While the 506th is not a parachute unit, there is nothing saying we can't occasionally send deserving personnel off to Airborne school as a reward for performance.

Dev team sign up?

Also, consider EIB for the infantry and EFMB for the medics.

Karr

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 07:25:33 PM »
There are plans for additional training schools and for awards and recognition for those schools. This is an informal conversation in a public area of the forums, but I am willing to talk about my hopes and desires for the 506th. Bear in mind none of this is binding and needs to be approved by command staff.

Right now we have Recruit Training, OSUT (infantry training), Combat Medical School and Flight School. We also have Warrior Leaders and Advanced Leaders courses that are required for advancement in the ranks of the NCO's and SNCO's.

It is my hope some day to also have a variety of specialty schools and qualifications that may not directly affect the game or your billet but will be fun to do. Bear in mind it takes time to create these courses and personnel to run them. Some of them may be offered only once or twice a year and only to select personnel based on billets or performance.

Air Assault School: It is almost 100% likely that this school will exist, there are people working on it right now.

Ranger School: While the 506th is obviously not a Ranger Btn, many soldiers in the US Army get Ranger qualified and have right to wear the tag. This would be a very select and tough course.

US Army Pathfinder School : The 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) at Fort Campbell has a pathfinder unit in each of its two aviation brigades. We may create a school whereby select Soldiers and Airmen have an opportunity to gain the coveted Pathfinder tag.

So as you see, there are a lot of really cool things we can and hope to do in the 506th. All of these things take time and effort to develop in a way that doesn't turn them into a joke. So far, what we have accomplished after only being in existance for 1 month is amazing. I can't wait to see where we are at in 6 months.

Has there been any thoughts on working with other units for this (I am primarily talking about airborne school.) There are quite a few other airborne units and if we were to develop a relationship with a few of these units it may be a cool thing to do once a year to send some people to them to do the course. When they come back here, provided that they pass, they are awarded the parachute badge and it would require minimal work on our part for a qualification that we will not use frequently. This is just a thought so take it for what it is worth.

Metzger

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 10:14:17 PM »
Has there been any thoughts on working with other units for this (I am primarily talking about airborne school.) There are quite a few other airborne units and if we were to develop a relationship with a few of these units it may be a cool thing to do once a year to send some people to them to do the course. When they come back here, provided that they pass, they are awarded the parachute badge and it would require minimal work on our part for a qualification that we will not use frequently. This is just a thought so take it for what it is worth.

Not a bad idea at all if the two command teams can strike a deal. I did some research on the subject and at the moment there is a WIP T-10 mod being used by a Canadian parachute unit. However unconfirmed sources indicate production of the mod is largely unfinished and the parachutes not polished at all (they open upside down and you fall through them).

Developing a course based off the MC-5 (a ram air design) is a work around. Although I'll admit I haven't found anywhere the MC-5SL (static line version) saw extensive use outside the navy/marine corps even though the army was supposed to generate it's own regulations.

If only we could port the ACE T-10 to Arma 3...