Author Topic: out of otions of technical problems  (Read 2566 times)

Tarnowski

out of otions of technical problems
« on: September 26, 2016, 01:30:18 PM »
i went to start the game up just a few days ago and after the starting credits the game holds up for a loot of time. waited for 3 minuets and it was just a black screen this happens with and without mods. does anyone have a fix or advice to try and fix this problem?

SPC (Ret) Roche

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: out of otions of technical problems
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 02:41:43 PM »
Is this something that just started happening out of the blue? Do you have the latest patch? How are you enabling the mods? are you using the modlist in the launcher or are you using execution commands on the command line in the ARMA3.exe properties? and lastly, have you set all your mods outside of the ARMA folder and do a fresh install to try and start without any mods with a squeaky clean installation? We'll move from here.
M. ROCHE
SPC, USA
Retired

Tarnowski

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 10:46:18 PM »
the problem did start out of the blue and i reinstalled and the game it runs but the mods are causing me problem it seem too, my knowledge i do have the proper versions of the mods but it crashed the 2 out of the 3 times i stared the game. i did not have any other mods on my PC for arma.

Hito

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 12:04:03 AM »
Erase all the content inside in the DLL folder on the main Arma3 folder.

SGT (Ret) Albert

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 07:58:55 AM »
i went to start the game up just a few days ago and after the starting credits the game holds up for a loot of time. waited for 3 minuets and it was just a black screen this happens with and without mods. does anyone have a fix or advice to try and fix this problem?

I had the same problem when I updated my Windows 10 to Anniversary update!
LINK

I. ALBERT
SGT, USA
Retired

CW2 (Ret) O'Neill

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 03:40:40 PM »
Sounds like you may need to verify your game cache via Steam. After doing so, try removing your .dll files from Arma and running it without mods.
K. O'NEILL
CW2, USA
Retired