Author Topic: Loadouts  (Read 4190 times)

SGT Bolinger

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Loadouts
« on: May 19, 2018, 02:20:03 AM »
So I build a loadout in the arsenal on the official server and save it. I then clear loadout and try to load the one I just made, but it will not let me. I have had this problem for a couple of weeks and am out of ideas. The "load" button is grayed out as well as the save, and double clicking doesn't work. Any Ideas?
A. BOLINGER
SGT, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

1st Lt Bateman

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Aviation Element
Re: Loadouts
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 02:23:42 AM »
In my experience, you should just be able to double click the loadout that is saved, though it is greyed out. Ive heard this work for some people (like me) and others continue to have issues with it, assuming you havent tried this, this could be an option.

Edit: As I apparently dont have reading skills, are you sure you dont have a radio in your loadout? Or Vectors?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:26:30 AM by SPC Bateman »
M. BATEMAN
1st Lt, USAF

SGT Bolinger

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 02:25:57 AM »
In my experience, you should just be able to double click the loadout that is saved, though it is greyed out. Ive heard this work for some people (like me) and others continue to have issues with it, assuming you havent tried this, this could be an option.
The "load" button is grayed out as well as the save, and double clicking doesn't work. Any Ideas?
A. BOLINGER
SGT, USA

1st Lt Bateman

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 02:42:57 AM »
Yeah, I edited my post as you were posting that, you sure you dont have radios or anything you grab from the other box?
M. BATEMAN
1st Lt, USAF

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 02:43:54 AM »
I've had this issue a number of times, and we have a working theory in Havoc 4 about this.

How many loadouts do you have? We've noticed that past a certain number (and I don't recall what that exact number is), loadouts go all screwy.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

SGT Bolinger

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 03:08:54 AM »
Yeah, I edited my post as you were posting that, you sure you dont have radios or anything you grab from the other box?

Correct, no radio or vectors.
A. BOLINGER
SGT, USA

SGT Bolinger

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 03:09:28 AM »
I've had this issue a number of times, and we have a working theory in Havoc 4 about this.

How many loadouts do you have? We've noticed that past a certain number (and I don't recall what that exact number is), loadouts go all screwy.

I have less than 10 loadouts at this point as I've been trying to figure out the issue.
A. BOLINGER
SGT, USA

CPT L. McCoy

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 04:24:18 AM »
This issue has come up pretty frequently in my experience, however, I have yet to have the problem myself (knock on wood).  I have a pretty substantial amount of loadouts saved from various funops and the like as well. 

Most recently I encountered this in a Recruit Training Class when a recruit that just built the loadout from scratch could not load his base loadout.   He was getting the same issue that you mentioned in your OP.  Even after I loaded and dropped the same base loadout for him and he re-saved it.  It still would not load.  I have also seen people having issues loading specific loadouts while the others work fine. 

Initially I thought there was some kind of rhyme or reason (and there probably is), but at this point I have no idea what causes this issue.
L. MCCOY
CPT, USA
Commanding Officer, Co A\1-506 Infantry

1st Lt Bateman

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 12:24:24 PM »
I may be reaching pretty far for this explanation, but has the bag we used been made larger by our mod team? Same with the vest? If so, maybe if you are exceeding the previously determined carrying capacity, it causes it to bug? This is probably the most technical thing I can think of, but maybe trying to balance the gear between the bag vest?

The only loadout that I have that isnt grayed out is one that the Havoc 4 server gave me for when I fill in with them, so Im not quite sure what causes it.
M. BATEMAN
1st Lt, USAF

WO1 Muller

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 03:01:55 PM »

Can't be the reason as I only have 5 or 6 loadouts and this still happens.

My first operation as a Medic I had to remake my loadout because the loadout I made on the official server was un-clickable. Even with a full arsenal I couldn't load it. After the first time this happened to me, now it happens to other loadouts. Arma is a stupid game...

p.s. For shits and giggles I made a loadout that DID include Vectors and the ANPRC-152 and I was able to pull it out... so... obviously there is no rhyme or reason and the game just wants to troll everyone.

p.p.s Anyone ever get the weird "this optic isn't allowed" or "red_laser_pointer not allowed" glitch and then you can't pull the loadout?
M. MULLER
WO1, AV

SGT Bolinger

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 05:54:41 PM »
I may be reaching pretty far for this explanation, but has the bag we used been made larger by our mod team? Same with the vest? If so, maybe if you are exceeding the previously determined carrying capacity, it causes it to bug? This is probably the most technical thing I can think of, but maybe trying to balance the gear between the bag vest?

The only loadout that I have that isnt grayed out is one that the Havoc 4 server gave me for when I fill in with them, so Im not quite sure what causes it.

From what I've seen in my loadouts, it doesn't matter what vest or backpack I use. It happens with my SAW loadout w/Assualt pack, Rifleman w/eagle pack, Zeus loadout w/Big RHS radio. It just seems like Arma being Arma. I'll just have to rebuild it for every operation until a fix is found.
A. BOLINGER
SGT, USA

SFC (Ret) Lyon

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 10:28:49 AM »
I had this issue and I made a change that fixed it for me - it has to do with the magazine that is loaded in your M4 when you first pick it up.

The mag that's in the M4 when you first pick it up is not actually the same as the ones that are in our Arsenal box.  My fix was to pick up an M4 out of the Arsenal, remove the magazine that's in it, drop it, then save the loadout.

Or I guess you could remove that mag, drop it, pick up a fresh mag from the Arsenal and load that, then save.  This way you wouldn't load every loadout Condition 4.  Note that this is not how my (now working) loadouts are saved so I can't guarantee it works, but I can't see why it wouldn't.

I encountered the same not-loading issue with my SAW loadout despite the fact that there's no M4, but I think it was because I was starting from a "base loadout" that used an M4 then changing to the SAW.  Building it from scratch after clearing your loadout *should* sidestep this issue but ARMA being ARMA who knows?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:52:59 AM by SGT Lyon »
R. LYON
SFC, USA
Retired

WO1 Muller

• 153A Rotary Wing Aviator
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 05:02:53 PM »
I had this issue and I made a change that fixed it for me - it has to do with the magazine that is loaded in your M4 when you first pick it up.

The mag that's in the M4 when you first pick it up is not actually the same as the ones that are in our Arsenal box.  My fix was to pick up an M4 out of the Arsenal, remove the magazine that's in it, drop it, then save the loadout.

Or I guess you could remove that mag, drop it, pick up a fresh mag from the Arsenal and load that, then save.  This way you wouldn't load every loadout Condition 4.  Note that this is not how my (now working) loadouts are saved so I can't guarantee it works, but I can't see why it wouldn't.

I encountered the same not-loading issue with my SAW loadout despite the fact that there's no M4, but I think it was because I was starting from a "base loadout" that used an M4 then changing to the SAW.  Building it from scratch after clearing your loadout *should* sidestep this issue but ARMA being ARMA who knows?

This may be a workaround for you but with arma being arma, it doesn't work for most. All of my loadouts are saved Condition 4, it just makes it easy to jump in to a training scenario. No mag = still no dice.
M. MULLER
WO1, AV

SGT Bolinger

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 05:54:43 PM »

This may be a workaround for you but with arma being arma, it doesn't work for most. All of my loadouts are saved Condition 4, it just makes it easy to jump in to a training scenario. No mag = still no dice.

Yeah, I've tried that. My main issue is my SAW loadout as it's my primary billit. Doesn't matter if the box is in or out. It appears to be a random issue. I have done a lot of testing in the last 2 days and it seems to let me load sometimes but not others. I think it's just Arma being Arma.
A. BOLINGER
SGT, USA