Author Topic: Open for Discussion  (Read 61850 times)

NathanW

Re: Open for Discussion
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2014, 08:34:35 AM »

The Army doesn't have JTAC's they come from the Air Force. I think command staff (I think, since im not on command staff) is going to try and find a work around, when they are needed. Lots of other stuff to figure out before that bomb needs to be dropped.

They may be re-designated to F.O. (13F), as they handle Artillery, mortars, and close air support. http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjobs/a/13f.htm

Yordy

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2014, 01:29:38 PM »

The Army doesn't have JTAC's they come from the Air Force. I think command staff (I think, since im not on command staff) is going to try and find a work around, when they are needed. Lots of other stuff to figure out before that bomb needs to be dropped.

They may be re-designated to F.O. (13F), as they handle Artillery, mortars, and close air support. http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjobs/a/13f.htm
Completely IMO
Air Force a/c. Air Force TACP.
http://www.romad.com/wordpress/tacp-411/tacp-job-description/
Same ideal as having a navy corpsman embedded with marine units
For the few that may be unfamiliar:
"A USAF TACP, is usually a team of two or more United States Air Force TACP journeymen or craftsmen (AFSC 1C4X1) aligned with a conventional or special operational United States Army combat maneuver unit to advise ground commanders on the best use of air power, establish and maintain command and control communications, and provide precision terminal attack guidance of U.S. and coalition fixed- and rotary-wing close air support aircraft, artillery, and naval gunfire. A TACP always includes at least one Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) qualified to control attack aircraft. It can also include an Air Liaison Officer, who is often JTAC qualified and serves in a senior advisor capacity. JTAC teams are primarily stationed with and support army combat units."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:43:57 PM by PV2 Yordy »

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2014, 02:16:35 PM »
That's some good info, thanks. Might help shape our decisions on how we set ours up
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired

N. Jackson

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2014, 09:42:58 AM »
When is the unit going to officialy start?

Molloy

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2014, 10:00:50 AM »
When is the unit going to officialy start?

The first server stress test was last night and I believe that squad/team/platoon trainings are starting soon.

SSG (Ret) Spinner

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2014, 03:14:34 PM »
any word on what you are going to do with the folks who applied but are "not" coming from the 15th?  i understand there is not a "boot camp" yet but i couldn't help to notice that you shut down the applications.  there are a number of us who got applications in but were not accepted.  will we be accepted when the boot camp is set up?  and do you have a time-line for that?  thank you. 

jason spinner
J. SPINNER
SSG, USA
Retired

SSG (Ret) Spinner

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2014, 03:18:36 PM »
sorta found my answer, that didn't happen though? right?

To answer your question, if you are a new join to the 506th and not part of the mass transfer from our former unit you will be required to attend a recruit training session and then AIT which will likely be 3-4 2 hours game play sessions.

Recruit training is starting this weekend. Our Recruiting Chief is coming online this weekend as well. There will not be a significant delay in processing new joins. AIT (Advanced Individual Training) is still under development but is expect to be completed by the end of next week.
J. SPINNER
SSG, USA
Retired

SSgt (Ret) Grchan

• 1Z371 Tactical Air Control Party
  • Retired
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2014, 03:42:32 PM »
Completely IMO
Air Force a/c. Air Force TACP.
http://www.romad.com/wordpress/tacp-411/tacp-job-description/
Same ideal as having a navy corpsman embedded with marine units
For the few that may be unfamiliar:
"A USAF TACP, is usually a team of two or more United States Air Force TACP journeymen or craftsmen (AFSC 1C4X1) aligned with a conventional or special operational United States Army combat maneuver unit to advise ground commanders on the best use of air power, establish and maintain command and control communications, and provide precision terminal attack guidance of U.S. and coalition fixed- and rotary-wing close air support aircraft, artillery, and naval gunfire. A TACP always includes at least one Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) qualified to control attack aircraft. It can also include an Air Liaison Officer, who is often JTAC qualified and serves in a senior advisor capacity. JTAC teams are primarily stationed with and support army combat units."

TACP's wearing airborne insignia of the army unit they are attached to
B. GRCHAN
SSgt, USA
Retired

1LT (Ret) Marsden

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »
sorta found my answer, that didn't happen though? right?

To answer your question, if you are a new join to the 506th and not part of the mass transfer from our former unit you will be required to attend a recruit training session and then AIT which will likely be 3-4 2 hours game play sessions.

Recruit training is starting this weekend. Our Recruiting Chief is coming online this weekend as well. There will not be a significant delay in processing new joins. AIT (Advanced Individual Training) is still under development but is expect to be completed by the end of next week.

I just hope we aren't forgotten when the time comes to start recruit training :p
N. MARSDEN
1LT, USA
Retired

O'Dette

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2014, 11:19:34 PM »
I'm more interested in when they open back up recruitment. I'm going to be free and clear after next Friday.

I'm curious, are there any mods that add the AH-60U DAP? What exactly are the weapons on the DAP anyways (I've actually never heard of it before)?

Oscar_Geare

« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2014, 01:56:50 AM »
I'm more interested in when they open back up recruitment. I'm going to be free and clear after next Friday.

I'm curious, are there any mods that add the AH-60U DAP? What exactly are the weapons on the DAP anyways (I've actually never heard of it before)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_UH-60_Black_Hawk#Special_purpose
H-60L DAP: The Direct Action Penetrator (DAP) is a special operations modification of the baseline MH-60L, operated by the U.S. Army's 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.[97] The DAP is configured as a gunship, with no troop-carrying capacity. The DAP is equipped with ESSS or ETS stub wings, each capable of carrying configurations of the M230 Chain Gun 30 mm automatic cannon, 19-shot Hydra 70 rocket pod, AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, AIM-92 Stinger air-to-air missiles, GAU-19 gun pods, and M134 minigun pods.[98] M134D miniguns are used as door guns.[90]

O'Dette

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2014, 06:07:25 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_UH-60_Black_Hawk#Special_purpose
H-60L DAP: The Direct Action Penetrator (DAP) is a special operations modification of the baseline MH-60L, operated by the U.S. Army's 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.[97] The DAP is configured as a gunship, with no troop-carrying capacity. The DAP is equipped with ESSS or ETS stub wings, each capable of carrying configurations of the M230 Chain Gun 30 mm automatic cannon, 19-shot Hydra 70 rocket pod, AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, AIM-92 Stinger air-to-air missiles, GAU-19 gun pods, and M134 minigun pods.[98] M134D miniguns are used as door guns.[90]

Do want.

Maines

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2014, 06:08:26 PM »
Question:

I seen people doing the Cpl and Sgt courses, much like the 15th. Im pretty sure the US Army doesnt call them these. Is there any way to make it more like the army by calling it Warrior Leadership Corses (WLC's)?

Reference: http://www.goarmy.com/soldier-life/being-a-soldier/ongoing-training/leadership-training/warrior-leader-course.html

For example

CPL201 = WLC201
CPL202 = WLC202 ETC.

Lindsey

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2014, 06:11:31 PM »
Question:

I seen people doing the Cpl and Sgt courses, much like the 15th. Im pretty sure the US Army doesnt call them these. Is there any way to make it more like the army by calling it Warrior Leadership Corses (WLC's)?

Reference: http://www.goarmy.com/soldier-life/being-a-soldier/ongoing-training/leadership-training/warrior-leader-course.html

For example

CPL201 = WLC201
CPL202 = WLC202 ETC.

To add to this, I believe they call their SGT (although technically for SSG) courses ALC or Advanced Leader Course

Mojoisdope

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2014, 12:49:44 PM »
SPC-SGT = WLC
SGT-SSG = BNCO
SSG-SFC = ANCO
1SG = 1SG Academy
SGM-CSM = SGM Academy

*Edit* I guess they changed the BNCO/ANCO to ALC and SLC since I got out 2 years ago.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 12:52:59 PM by Mojoisdope »