Author Topic: Open for Discussion  (Read 61867 times)

O'Dette

Re: Open for Discussion
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2014, 07:01:17 PM »
I'm curious as to what the mudpack will look like. If the picture on the main page says anything, it looks like we'll be using RHS, as well as likely some form of AGM or CSE.

There's only one problem, though: RHS's US infantry are all wearing 1 CAV patches.

Are there going to be mod changes or anything of that sort to change it to the 101st's patch?

NathanW

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2014, 08:09:39 PM »
Another question is are we going to use ACRE 2 or TFAR? Also, for new people like myself, will we be able to join this Sunday, or do we have to wait until our training is complete?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:14:56 PM by NathanW »

J. Donohue

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2014, 04:50:50 AM »
Hey there, I was just wondering if I could get the Teamspeak IP?, I was interested in joining, but I'd like to look around and talk to some people first if that was possible?
  Cheers

SSG Shundo

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2014, 02:17:29 PM »
Was wondering if there were any sections open? I work as a security guard for a college so when I'm not at home on the computer, I'm mostly sitting at the main gate or in the security office on the computer. Could help time go by fast if I had some work I could help you guys out with like applications or something. Just wondering.
C. SHUNDO
SSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

Alexandrov

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2014, 06:02:49 PM »
Hey there i don't mean to be an ass,but  I was just wondering if I could get the Teamspeak address so i could talk with my friends would be much appreciated

O'Dette

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2014, 06:11:56 PM »
How does the processing system work when it comes to new applicants? Are there any criteria that you guys look for?

Just curious over how the system works, and I'm just passing time until someone looks at my application. Really loving this growing community so far, though.

MAJ (Ret) Hayes

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »
We review the application. If it is a former 15th Member we check their service record. We review for discharges or discipline issues. We accept and then find out where they want to be. We try to get people into billets they want and try to respect the rank they had before, while not inflating our own billet assigned ranks.

It takes awhile.
P. HAYES
MAJ, USA
Retired

O'Dette

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2014, 07:04:03 PM »
We review the application. If it is a former 15th Member we check their service record. We review for discharges or discipline issues. We accept and then find out where they want to be. We try to get people into billets they want and try to respect the rank they had before, while not inflating our own billet assigned ranks.

It takes awhile.

It's cool how methodical you guys are being. Best quality guys doing best quality things, right?

SSG Shundo

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2014, 07:05:48 PM »
Would it be ok if someone PMs me teamspeak info. Thank you
C. SHUNDO
SSG, USA
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

Michael

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »
I am a Pvt with very clean boots in the 15th. I feel confident that I am going to switch over to the 506th at some point in time. However, at the moment I like my Fire team leader, I feel I can learn a lot from him. At the same time I have a longer list of reason to switch than to stay. I am hoping that someone could tell me whether I would be of more use if I stay in the 15th and learn from them, or switch now before I am taught methods that may not apply to the 506th.

Sinwell

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2014, 11:21:47 PM »
I am a Pvt with very clean boots in the 15th. I feel confident that I am going to switch over to the 506th at some point in time. However, at the moment I like my Fire team leader, I feel I can learn a lot from him. At the same time I have a longer list of reason to switch than to stay. I am hoping that someone could tell me whether I would be of more use if I stay in the 15th and learn from them, or switch now before I am taught methods that may not apply to the 506th.
I think you are better off staying in the 15th and learning the basics from your fire team leader. I say this because is unit is VERY new and they are working out ranks and positions, etc, so it will take a lot of time before we have basic structures. The 15th is many years old so you will learn a lot, and is more developed so far than this unit. The methods in this unit will be similar to the 15th (I've been told) so you are better off staying.

Molloy

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2014, 12:29:05 AM »
So does this unit/the US Army not use RTOs or are they placed differently to how the USMC use them?

Whoops, I modified your post instead of quoting
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:44:25 AM by SSG Nagel »

CPT (Ret) Nagel

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2014, 12:44:34 AM »
So does this unit/the US Army not use RTOs or are they placed differently to how the USMC use them?

They do, but for our purpose they always seemed "tacted on". For now, they have been removed. But they will be back soontm
D. NAGEL
CPT, USA
Retired

Molloy

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2014, 01:03:16 AM »

They do, but for our purpose they always seemed "tacted on". For now, they have been removed. But they will be back soontm

And does the unit use JTACs or are they on hold?

Edit: Goddamn I am terrible at this hitting the quote button
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:14:37 AM by SSG Nagel »

CPT (Ret) Nagel

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2014, 01:14:48 AM »

And does the unit use JTACs or are they on hold?

The Army doesn't have JTAC's they come from the Air Force. I think command staff (I think, since im not on command staff) is going to try and find a work around, when they are needed. Lots of other stuff to figure out before that bomb needs to be dropped.
D. NAGEL
CPT, USA
Retired