Author Topic: Moving Cross Country  (Read 8940 times)

SPC (Ret) D. Lee

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: Moving Cross Country
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 02:37:24 PM »
My medic/roommate is from Bremerton. His advice is to live on the east side, because the west side has a lot more crime. Also, there's decent live music, tattoo artists, meth, and good weed. Sir Mix-A-Lot apparently wrote a song about Bremerton. The ferry to Seattle takes like 45 minutes and is free, but the return trip costs money.
D. LEE
SPC, USA
Retired

SFC (Ret) George

• 11BO4 Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 02:02:41 PM »
I lived near Bremerton in a town called Port Orchard.  It's a beautiful place.  You are at the foot of the Olympic Mountains and Seattle is a nice ferry ride away when you need your "big city" fix.  But beware...the weather is awful.  Not harsh like in Maine, but gloomy much of the year.  There are two seasons determined by the rain...warm rain in the summer, cold rain in the winter.
R. GEORGE
SFC, USA
Retired

CPT Drumheller

• 18A Special Forces Officer
  • Combat Element
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 12:20:55 AM »
So if you move to WA will you change your name to SPC Washington?
J. DRUMHELLER
CPT, SF
Commanding Officer, ODA 5221, Co B\2-5th SFG

1LT (Ret) Bernal

• 60A Operational Medicine
  • Retired
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 12:47:11 AM »
So if you move to WA will you change your name to SPC Washington?

*SPC Washingtons
R. BERNAL
1LT, USA
Retired

SPC (Ret) Burton

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 09:23:44 PM »
Don't move from one s***hole to another. WA is a depressing, wet, crappy place. You should look into TX, We have a bunch of opportunities for people. No state income tax. Cost of living is low, except in Austin and Texans are very friendly and helpful.
AZ is another great place for opportunity.
If I was 21 and single I would move to Vegas.
L. BURTON
SPC, USA
Retired

Sharkey

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 06:22:11 PM »
I live in Seattle now and it's a pretty decent place. Bremerton is certainly much much cheaper than living near Seattle. You'll find visiting Seattle to be a much larger pain than you think it will be. Absolutely doable even on a regular basis, but will eventually loathe doing so if it is any sort of requirement with the water in between. Summers here are gorgeous. Water is suspiciously expensive.

Shoot, if you come to the area, shoot me a PM.