Author Topic: MMo fans! need help..  (Read 10341 times)

Mayhew

Re: MMo fans! need help..
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 11:37:44 AM »
spent 6 years playing ffxi, and when i started the game had already been out for like 3. it takes a bit for a new mmo to get content that ppl can spend years and still not see everything they want so expect the same for ffxiv. i took a blm up to lvl cap in 14 and am just waiting for some new content and end game before i get back into it.

R. Nichols

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 09:13:44 PM »
Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 are good for grinding and all other qualities that make them classic mmos.

C. Smith

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 09:13:07 PM »
Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 are good for grinding and all other qualities that make them classic mmos.

Diablo is not a mmo..  :P

Strafe

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 10:26:40 AM »
Wth..
 Wants good pvp and open  world pvp..

But then you said you want to grind for good gear.. . Those things do not exist in the same game.. 

There isnt a good pvp mmo on the market that currently isnt extremely gear based or full loot. . Maybe darkfall or mortal. But player base is a issue. 

I recommend waiting for Albion online,  Camelot unchained or crow fall. 

Or if you need a fix now a f2p Ultima Online shard..

Black desert online fits that criteria. Another good game is kingdom under fire 2

Genesi

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 06:50:25 PM »
Runescape RS3 or 07 Version.

don't pay attention to the graphics and you'll be fine

Tramble

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 03:39:07 AM »
Wth..
 Wants good pvp and open  world pvp..

But then you said you want to grind for good gear.. . Those things do not exist in the same game.. 

There isnt a good pvp mmo on the market that currently isnt extremely gear based or full loot. . Maybe darkfall or mortal. But player base is a issue. 

I recommend waiting for Albion online,  Camelot unchained or crow fall. 

Or if you need a fix now a f2p Ultima Online shard..

Black desert online fits that criteria. Another good game is kingdom under fire 2

have u research any of those mmo? like release date for NA?

ik their out in korea still in beta but does any NA company wana expand it?

Strafe

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 06:12:05 AM »
Sadly both are slated late this year early next. Im waiting for both.

Whitacre

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 06:16:36 AM »

Diablo is not a mmo..  :P

Of course it is, it's just an MMOARPG instead of the typical MMORPG (Which I get it..that's what this thread is about..but still).  ;D

Strafe

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 09:28:07 AM »
Diablo 3 isnt an mmo. Mmo stands for massive multiplayer meaning thousand of people on one server. Four people playing together is not massive. By your terms every single video game is a mmo in their own right. The term mmo was created by ultima online. The first mmo because of the hundred to thousand of plauers playing together. People are abusing this term horribly from lack of understanding. Game developers are abusing this to. Just because numerous people can play online doesnt make it an mmo. They have to all be playing together on one server. Diablo is nothing like eve online. A mmo that is a mmoarpg would be tera or black desert online. Vindictus isnt even a mmo.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:30:00 AM by DontTouchMyHoHos »

De Vries

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 12:01:37 PM »
Elder Scrolls Online is really good if you like open-world PVP and the whole "honor points for gear" thing, like in WoW. The PVP in Elder Scrolls Online is basically PlanetSide mixed with Skyrim. You get "Alliance Points" for kills/completing objectives/capturing enemy castles and can use them to buy high-end PVP gear or to buy siege equipment and soul gems.

The game costs $60 and is removing its monthly subscription fee on March 17.

C. Smith

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 12:05:49 PM »
I thought he was looking for games that weren't a auper grind fest like every eastern mmo thata ever ported to the west..  Tera,  black  desert...  Aion....

I dunno guess im just extremely picky cause i got to play the best. 

Tramble

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 01:47:16 PM »
I thought he was looking for games that weren't a auper grind fest like every eastern mmo thata ever ported to the west..  Tera,  black  desert...  Aion....

might try aion if i get bored of tera.. what mmo you think are top 5 of early 2015

Strafe

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 06:10:27 PM »

black desert online isnt a grind feast, ive been playing the korean beta for a minute now. It has a lot to offer to take the grind away and it isnt like<" to capture a horse click horse and wait." Doing a lot of stuff requires you to interact in some form of mini-game. The game itself is pvp heavy over anything else and it doesn't take long to reach level 50.