Author Topic: [Solved] my arma issues  (Read 3484 times)

SPC (Ret) L. Masters

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
[Solved] my arma issues
« on: April 22, 2018, 09:43:30 AM »
So, at the moment for a while now - I have some arma issues. Sometimes during an OP or even squad trainings etc, my game freezes for a moment and then the graphics turn somewhat unfinished, and ugly and huge lagg. I've heard that it might be the 32bit, where im still playing on. And for some reason I can not play on 64bit, because it gives me a huge fps drop when i start the game even in the main menu. I've been searching through the internet, and I found something were people with the same experiences said that they had to add a 64bit profile to their Nvidia-control panel. Although, there was no tutorial to be found on YouTube, so I was hoping that you guys could help me to solve this issue, hopefully before TFB tonight!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:25:29 AM by PFC L. Masters »
L. MASTERS
SPC, USA
Retired

J. Fisher

Re: my arma issues
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 02:59:26 PM »
PC Specs?

SPC (Ret) L. Masters

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 03:00:55 PM »
i7 5700HQ CPU, Geforce GTX 950M, 8 gigs of ram.
L. MASTERS
SPC, USA
Retired

J. Fisher

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 03:09:55 PM »
Aah running on a laptop, i see. Well the issue is (99% sure) that arma starts on the build in Intel HD Graphics Chip (Which is baaaad)

To fix this:

Right click on your desktop and go to NVIDEA control panel.

What you can do is go to global settings and put it on NVIDEA High Performance Processor but yeah don't, its better to leave your desktop to run on your Intel HD to unload your Graphics chip... :)

So do this: Go to programm settings

And click on Add and Browse

Search for your ArmA 3 install folder and add arma3_x64.exe

Select High perfomance NVIDEA Processor

And start the game in 64 bit :)

Hope this helps, if not let me know.

SPC (Ret) L. Masters

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: [re-opened] my arma issues
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 04:13:59 PM »
So, I just figured out that when I start 64bit with mods, there is low fps and also when I load in servers the fps is enormously low (4 fps to be precise)
how can I fix this?
L. MASTERS
SPC, USA
Retired

CPT Bowman

• 15A Aviation Officer
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 06:00:32 PM »
I have seen your issues posted many times, and while I expect you could slightly improve your performance, your laptop is severely under-equipped to run Arma 3 with the amount of mods and players that we are dealing with.

I would seriously consider buying a desktop with full power processor and graphics card. The Intel HQ processors and Nvidia M graphics "cards" are watered down attempts on the real 9 series and 5th gen processors that they use the name of to sell laptops.

A. BOWMAN
CPT, AV
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

SPC (Ret) L. Masters

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 07:07:18 PM »
I have seen your issues posted many times, and while I expect you could slightly improve your performance, your laptop is severely under-equipped to run Arma 3 with the amount of mods and players that we are dealing with.

I would seriously consider buying a desktop with full power processor and graphics card. The Intel HQ processors and Nvidia M graphics "cards" are watered down attempts on the real 9 series and 5th gen processors that they use the name of to sell laptops.

I'm not sure, because way before I never had issues with mod since the 15thmeu, but it all happened after the update too 64bit
L. MASTERS
SPC, USA
Retired

SSG (Ret) Owens

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 10:10:14 AM »
yo fool, i thought we fixed this? Hoping it holds an no other issues.
T. OWENS
SSG, USA
Retired

SPC (Ret) L. Masters

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 10:25:01 AM »
yo fool, i thought we fixed this? Hoping it holds an no other issues.

Lol yeeah i forgot to set this as solved xd
L. MASTERS
SPC, USA
Retired

SSG (Ret) Owens

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Re: [Solved] my arma issues
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 12:39:04 PM »
Great!

I hate reading through a technical thread where the problem is presented and then people go on to cheer it's solved! But no answer is given lol.

Therefore, in case it helps:

We just performed a number of system checks to make sure the 64bit can run. Then applied some tips to help better connection to servers with large amounts of people.
We unfortunately did not narrow down the problem as it could have been a number of things that got it working.

-Make sure your "Processor" can handle 64bit, usually found under Instruction Set.
-Make sure your operating system is running in 64bit.
winkey+r [ or Run command], Dxdiag (enter) , the diagnostic tool pop up will tell you your system specs and help you with info needed.
Further search internet for more specs or use cmd.

-Turn on the 64bit in arma launcher, reinstall is not needed.
Parameters > All Parameters > Platform: Default (64-bit)

~Turn everything off in parameters, it's not needed. And all the fruit will slow you down.
it can of course still be used though best to have a reason, otherwise i advise its slowing you down.

~Turn settings to bare bones. Or Lower them etc. Sometimes until you get a good PC this is how your potato should run. As long as you have the basics, Game Mechanics a way more fun than graphics, look at Mount & Blade.

~Use the Teamspeak trick of Tools > Options > Chat > Maximum number of lines: 10 lines , you can always turn it back to desired when done with gameplay.
as Teamspeak plays a part in your connections this can greatly help.

T. OWENS
SSG, USA
Retired