Author Topic: INSCOM Intelligence Report 12MAR18 - Malden government overthrown in coup  (Read 5715 times)

1LT (Ret) Garcia

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
    • Personnel File - Garcia, A.

DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
INTELLIGENCE AND SECURITY COMMAND

CLASSIFIED :: SECRET :: CLASSIFIED :: SECRET :: CLASSIFIED :: SECRET :: CLASSIFIED

TO: 506th Infantry Regiment Command, Fort Campbell
RE: Malden government overthrown in coup

The following intelligence report is classified and should only be distributed to authorized personnel.

Situation

A government source told the Malden Central Times (a local news source) that a closed-door emergency meeting was held yesterday, after the protest at the stadium, where President Perez and his cabinet openly condemned General Aguilar’s hostilities to the Perez administration and that Aguilar will be replaced by General Lopez, a staunch supporter of President Perez and also a Nuevo like the President. The source also said there was already a plot underway by General Aguilar to oust President Perez and his supporters through political means; however, Aguilar’s intelligence community broke the news of President Perez’ intentions to replace him within minutes of the end of the meeting. Immediately Aguilar took action and rallied his military forces overnight.

Early this morning the Capital city of Malden, Le Port, is under siege as armed groups took control of the Capital in the overnight coup.  General Aguilar declared that his forces had to “move in to ‘pacify the degenerating political, social, and economic situation’ that is destroying Malden and reducing its people to beggars and thieves.”  General Aguilar ended his speech with “the situation across Malden will return to normalcy quickly! I assure you this is not a military takeover, but a painful decision by the patriots of this country – like myself – who will not be reduced to living second hand lives as our families suffer at the hands of the Nuevos.” As for this “not being a military takeover,” the images of uniformed men with guns taking over key cities on state television in the middle of the night suggest otherwise.

Reports state that at least a half dozen tanks were stationed around strategic government buildings and intersections in the capital, as well as many key civilian buildings were seized by Aguilar's forces. Several reporters are saying that many shops and businesses are open with people carrying on with business as usual in most of the country, however personal tensions are high between civilians. Some houses and businesses are flying the flags of their opposing sides with limited violence and vandalism occurring.

However, there are reports of wounded and killed security forces who tried to stop the assault who are reportedly pro-government forces supporting President Perez. When questioned about the reports of deaths and injuries, General Aguilar’s Public Affairs Officer, Major Mata Silva, stated, “Regrettably, there are criminals and terrorists within this country whose sole mission is to destroy our way of life. General Aguilar’s actions were swift, targeting only the criminals of this state.” The PAO closed the meeting by saying "former President Perez and his family are safe and sound and their security is paramount and guaranteed.”

The Malden Central Times televised the following statement from General Aguilar at 0800 local time.  “My military forces have seized control of Malden in the wake of a conspiracy by forces loyal to Perez. A conspiracy which would have led to the destruction of life as we know it on this island. Perez and his senior leaders are currently detained and in a safe location until we can effectively defuse this situation. Life on Malden will not change, our culture will not change, our government will be restored. Know that your leaders and your military and security forces continue to protect this country and its people.”

The message continued, “As of today, I, General Nicolas Aguilar, am assuming a temporary position as President of Malden until this situation is under control. I am also the commander of our new military - the Republic of Malden Nationalists, a military force whose sole intent is to protect the sovereignty of this great country and restore that which the former President Perez and his supporters have attempted to take from us.”

General Aguilar's forces overlook Le Port following the coup

END REPORT

These published documents are the fictional works of the S-2 Intelligence Team of the 506th IR Realism Unit.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:27:23 PM by SSG Garcia »
A. GARCIA
1LT, USA
Retired

1st Lt (Ret) Hardman

• 10C0 Operations Commander
  • Retired
Great work S-2.
O. HARDMAN
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

1st Lt (Ret) Barba

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
Sounds like they are in need of some freedom...

I'll get the planes fueled.
C. BARBA
1st Lt, USAF
Retired

Capt (Ret) Soto

• 11F3B Fighter Pilot
  • Retired
Sounds like they are in need of some freedom...

I'll get the planes fueled.

Load the girls up.

R. SOTO
Capt, USAF
Retired

SFC (Ret) Lyon

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired
Thanks S-2, amazing work as always!   :D
R. LYON
SFC, USA
Retired

SGT Tosco

• 11B Infantryman
  • Combat Element
Light weight freedom dispenser ready and waiting.

S-2 Great work. I'm already hyped for deployment!
D. TOSCO
SGT, USA
Infantryman, 1-506 Infantry

SGT (Ret) Ajanovic

• 11B Infantryman
  • Retired

I'm already suit up. Good job S-2
F. AJANOVIĆ
SGT, USA
Retired