Author Topic: Can't join Official Server  (Read 5707 times)

CPT Blair

• 15A Aviation Officer
  • Aviation Element
Can't join Official Server
« on: August 08, 2017, 12:47:42 AM »
Hi all, I need some help regarding connecting to the Official server. I get stuck on the Arma III Apex splash screen and can't get any further. I have left it for over 30 minutes with no progress. I can connect to other servers running the 506th mods. I have tried verifying game files, double checking mod order and re-downloading all mods, but still get the same result. I get no error messages that could give me any idea as to where to look. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

V/R
WO1 Blair
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:53:11 AM by WOC Blair »
D. BLAIR
CPT, AV
Reserve Platoon, 1-506 Infantry

K. Gaudet

Re: Can't join Official Server
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 12:55:51 AM »
The Official Server does not run a map/template 24/7 and requires the admin password to get things started.

CPT Blair

• 15A Aviation Officer
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 01:03:56 AM »
2LT Gaudet,
I did try to connect a few weeks ago when it was running and encountered the same result. I would at least like to eliminate that as a possibility before it counts.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 01:25:59 AM by WOC Blair »
D. BLAIR
CPT, AV

K. Gaudet

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 01:42:51 AM »
If you waited 30 minutes while there was no one on the server, the issue is that there is no template/map loaded. If the issue occured at the start of an operation, you sometimes have to wait up to 10 minutes while the server slowly lets people in.

Meet with me before the operations this weekend and we can test it out.

CPT Blair

• 15A Aviation Officer
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 01:49:05 AM »
2LT Gaudet,
Sounds like a plan. Thank you.
D. BLAIR
CPT, AV

1LT (Ret) Burke

• 11A Infantry Officer
  • Retired
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 09:56:43 AM »
The Official Server does not run a map/template 24/7 and requires the admin password to get things started.

The new official server is up 24/7 and available for use with a default template set and does not require an admin password to start. 

WOC Blair, I don't see any entry for you attempting to join in the server logs.  Verify that you are connecting to the correct IP address (144.217.254.198) and that you are using the correct password as it changed recently.
B. BURKE
1LT, IN
Retired

CPT Blair

• 15A Aviation Officer
  • Aviation Element
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 01:51:14 AM »
SFC Burke/2LT Gaudet,
Thank you for your help. I was able to narrow down the issue after SFC Burke mentioned not seeing any entries and connecting to the correct IP address. As I was able to successfully ping the IP, I realized that the only other option was the port. I now remember that I was fuffing around with my firewall before I went on a LOA and created an Arma exception on the standard ports. I turned this exception back off for security purposes as the default settings will still permit a connection. However, I never deleted the exception so the firewall started to block those ports when I turned off the exception. Simply deleting the exception fixed my problem. This also explains why other 506th servers worked just fine.

V/r
WO1 Blair
D. BLAIR
CPT, AV